Saturday, December 15, 2012

Home For Christmas


Our kids are grown.  Our youngest, Clara, just finished her first semester in college and got home for the holidays last night.  A normal two hour drive from San Diego to Pasadena took us five hours!

Christmas is different than when the kids were little but I still love being together as a family.

Clara finished her last final yesterday after a week of tests.  I remember what that was like when I was in college.  I was always ready to crash and burn at the end of each semester.  And that is exactly what Clara did.  She slept until well after noon today.

I quietly crept into her room around noon and took this picture with my iPhone.  About 45 minutes later I get a text message from Clara asking who took the picture of her.  Would she get out of bed to ask?  Of course not!  Clara is part of the millennial  generation., they just text or Facebook.  I responded.  Another 45 minutes go by and she texts again asking who took the picture.  I tell her she must have been dreaming.



I don't think she has still figured it out.  Post finals fatigue.

It is so great having my little girl home for Christmas!

Merry Christmas.

No comments: